Infants & Toddlers
Our infant/toddler program focuses on the needs of each individual child. Our staff works closely with parents to develop and maintain an individualized routine for each child. Young infants set their own schedule for eating and sleeping. Staff will work with parents to increase time between feedings as the infant get older. Listed below are some important features of our program:
- SCLC has baby equipment to encourage sitting up, jumping and reaching for toys. Babies will not spend large amounts of time using this equipment. Tummy time and lying on the floor are the best way to develop muscles needed to reach developmental milestones.
- A daily record will be kept for every child under 1 year. This will include information about eating, napping, diapering, disposition, and daily activities. This will be sent home each day at pick up time.
- Infants are assigned a crib and placed on their back to sleep. No blankets are used. Young infants may be swaddled. Nothing else is placed in the crib. Sleep is monitored.
- Each infant/toddler is assigned a primary caregiver. This encourages bonding between that person and the child.
Age appropriate activities are planned for our infant/toddlers each day. These include:
- Music and movement
- Art experiences
- Circle time
- Reading books
- Outside time playing or taking a walk using a buggy or stroller
- Fine/gross motor activities